Sunday 1 January 2017

Happy SCS


I haven't written anything in an age because I haven't anything to say, without repeating myself anyway. So time for a change methinks. If I have time, if I have the energy, the motivation.....


The New Year is such an odd time, an arbitrary date with no connection to anything. I prefer the winter solstice and a wild dance around a roaring fire at midnight-now that clears the mind and revitalises the soul.

Did you know forest bathing is a top trend for 2017-it says so here

I've been forest bathing for years but now you can pay a guide $300 to make sure you get the full experience. The guide, by the way, can pay $3,200 to become a certified forest bathing guide courtesy of  The Association of Nature and Forest Therapy Guides and Programs. Stop the madness!

My must have for 2017



Cherry Lady produces “cherry red blooms by the armload,” (so goes the blurb) has dark green, glossy foliage and is a product of the Kordes breeding program in Germany. No scent but for something this beautiful I can overlook it.

Happy Seed Catalogue Season to you all.

11 comments:

  1. So I can pay $3200 to have someone teach me how to watch someone scrub their butt in the woods? I think I'll pass! Come to the Fling! All butt scrubbing is done in private. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Butt scrubbing-not something I would want to do at any price! Still spaces left? Your fling is brimming with fantastic gardens and activities. I wouldn't be dithering if I didn't need to visit my father in England this year.

      Delete
  2. I think seed catalog season is the best time of the year. It can also be the worst--trying to make the growing list of "wants" match up with the seed budget. Bah. If only the New Year brought along a bigger budget! Ha!
    Have a productive and wonderful New Year in the garden (and beyond)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, I love listing all my wants, sadly then I have to edit to something approaching realistic but it is very nice to dream.

      Delete
  3. I am directionality handicapped. Going into the woods might turn into a situation where my family has to form a search party after I was gone a short while.. I will just stick to parks with large signs.

    The roses are magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, apparently you only travel about quarter of a mile in two to four hours which allows for a full experience-so they say. I say a fool and his money is soon parted. I am directionally challenged also but tend to get lost in cities.

      Delete
  4. I've always enjoyed taking a dip in rivers and lakes, but just learned that's not forest bathing. Walking and riding in the forest does make you feel connected and calmer than being in the city with all the distraction. Glad I don't have to pay anything for the privilege. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Forest bathing"! Baaahaaahaaa. Just take a damn walk in the woods for free - hire a guide lol. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too have been forest bathing for decades. Somehow I'm not so sure I like the idea they have hijacked the practices, giving it a modern preppy name. Geez.
    Are you suffering from S.A.D.? Seed Acquisition Disorder :-)
    Happy New Year my dear -- may you continue to bathe in the forest

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also known as Shin-rin Yoku :) Last May I completed a challenge offered by David Suzuki which was to walk at least 30 minutes daily in the forest for the entire month of May. So I went from walking 2-3 times a week to every day. I did feel so much peace which would have evaporated if anyone had attempted to guide me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree-not the same if someone is organising your every move.

      Delete